Monday, October 23, 2006

What a day!!

what a day i've had today.

It all started last night really. I had been asked to speak at a Church's Ladies Fellowship before the summer holidays. I had said yes and rightly or wrongly had been expecting some sort of confimrmation in the post.
At 9.30pm last night i got a message on the answerphone asking if i was still going.
It is half term this week si i had to find some childcare pretty quick. hence ring my oldest son who said yes. Brilliant Thank you Lord. My son rang me back approx 1 hour later to say sorry cant do it have to go to work,,,noooooooo.Too late to reply last night i rang this morning explained the situation. No problem, bring your daughter along..ok thinks I. Will see you later.

Put the phone down,, yikes i had nothing prepared. Well God its down to you I said?
Prayed about what to say,,,nothing really sprang to mind so decided to give my testimony and wing it so to speak. Whatever happens it has to be the Lord.

Well when i arrived at the church the room was full (well about 30) of older ladies. I gulped, what would they think,,my testimony is not exactly nice in places. Well Lord i'm sure you know what your doing. I spoke for about 30mins about my life and my walk with God along the way. as i was talking i noticed that a lot of the ladies were nodding in agreement. Well Lord this must be from you i thought.

At the end i had the opportuntiy to chat with a couple of them and thay told me how much they had enjoyed it and that some of them too had gone through trails, torments and turmoil in their lives, but they had stuck by the Lord and he had bought them through as well. They even invited me back another time.


What i guess i am trying to say is that being faithful to God brings its rewards. He knew exactly what he wanted me to say and put the right words into my mouth. The afternoon was a great sucess and i feel very blessed to have been in such company.

All thanks and praise to God.

No comments: